Saturday, March 22, 2008

thing 23

This has been a wonderful learning process! I started this journey because I felt so far behind with technology, little did I know how right I was. The wonderful part though is realizing how easy it is to learn what is out there and the resources to make learning easy. I will pass the information on to everyone I know (is that called passion?)

I think the most helpful will be the understanding of how tags work with Technorati and to find information as well as using del.icio.us to save sites that I will use later. (it has changed the way I process information on the internet) I also liked the googledocs and a small bit of wiki, I think I will have to play with that more.

I was surpirsed to find how helpful the TeacherTube were as well as the finding of ning. Most of all I was surprised to see how interactive all of the Web 2.0 actvities are, the internet is really a new creation bring people together in community. (oh I also liked the widgets! so cool.)

I'm not sure I would change anything, but I think it would be helpful to add and interactive portion (like a help desk?)for those people like me who would just like to call someone to get the answer instead of get frustrated for three hours before I get something to work. Sign me up for the next discovery program!!! I'll bring my friends. I think this is the perfect format for those who can't do professional development at specfic times, but is allowed to have flexiblity.

Library 23 things is scary to start with, but worth every minute! What rewarding experience isn't, right?

3 comments:

VWB said...

Glad it was such a positive experience for you...and even more glad that you are going to share the info! That's what this takes...spreading the wealth of knowledge!

hope you use your blog for other interesting things that we can all learn about.

Happy Harping said...

I really love the video about the double digit multiplication. I also love the blog. Your comments were great and fun to read. Let's keep the blogs going!!

Book Nook Girl said...

I didn't know you were doing this! I like your blog! You have some good thoughts in your posts! I hope you will keep posting!

I am going to try to keep up my blog too. I have written about 3 different posts in my head on the way to work! Hopefully I will get some online!