Friday, March 21, 2008

thing 14

In looking at Technorati to do a keyword search for “School Library Learning 2.0” in Blog posts, in tags and in the Blog Directory, I found the results are different. Through using these different avenues to search, the results allow the user to be more specific with what they are looking for. I thought the video with the founders of Technorati was very informative and useful. I could see their passion for the product as well as insights into the usefulness of how to use the different components. I learned through this thing why the different tags were bigger or smaller than others, based on the popularity of each item. Technorati will be helpful when teaching students how to research different topics. It is often hard to show students that not every website contains accurate information, so by using this site, I can show them how easy it is to post your own thoughts about a subject.

Another of my new favorite things!

No comments: