Friday, March 21, 2008

thing 18

With the accessibility of internet, it doesn't make any sense not to save your documents online. Once the document is saved, or even if you are not done and don't have time to finish, you can access the document wherever there is internet. These programs do not tie you down to one specific computer. I opted to look at the googledocs, just so that I didn't have to download another program and I already have my google account. So I have already stated the obvious advantages to the online documents. In the classroom, I can see using these documents as a dropoff or working document area. The students would be able to work on their paper and then when finished, the teacher has all the papers to grade without taking a single paper home. I think one of the disadvantages, is if you ever get stuck without internet access and don't have the document saved anywhere else.

No comments: