Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tool #6 Discussions and beyond

Since every one seemed to be adding the well wisher gadget, I felt like it was a must for me as well. I can't wait to see who will leave me a special note. With students having access to this social tool I can see how it will promote easy use for students to create discussion between themselves and teachers.

The two tools I have already used in class and love are googledocs and skype. With googledocs I loved that students could be emailed a document and then use them as instructions to create a project. Although I did not use the discussion piece, I look forward to digging in deeper with how to use it to further the creative process.

Skype is OUTSTANDING! I have used this at home, but just at the end of the year we used it to connect within the classroom. The students love the interaction, so understandably some kind of guidelines need to be set. I look forward to connecting with some experts related to our curriculum and perhaps even penpals. Here's my skype name if you want to connect with us: lisa.luce2

No comments: