Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thing # 5

It is hard for me to see how facebook and twitter could be age appropriate for elementary age students when left unattended, but I know there are similar concepts they use. Last year on the way to a field trip students were allowed to bring electronics and some brought a PSP. The whole way students were writting silly messages back and forth to "chat" on the device.

I can see how if we had devices such as these while teaching and students could developmentally write in response to discussions where it appeared for other to view, how it would enhance conversation. I think even those students who might not share answers in a class setting might feel more comfortable sharing in a less threating way. I think it also allows students to have responsiblity and flexiblity in sharing and responding, which are important skills to learn as well.

No comments: