Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thing #2-Wordle/Wordsift, Voicethread, Voki and the best for last bookr


Using Word sift students are able to find the main idea because of the enlarged font for certain words. They can then use the google search box and the images word sift automatically generates.



I have also used Wordle for science vocabulary and definitions. Students can use either of the applications when beginning a unit of study to become familiar with the vocabulary. It could then later become a study guide.



I am very excited about voicethread and would love to see the district purchase the education version to make it even safer for the elementary students to use. I can see students in my classroom solving a math word problem and then getting feedback about what they could add to the process of solving. I would love for the students to then invite their parent to comment also, so that parents would have access to what their child is doing at school. The Voki is another great way to interact with students verbally. Teachers can post comments on a blog or give directions to students about how to complete an assignment.

Wow~I love bookr. The book I viewed was an assignment with 1st and 5th grade reading buddies. Since we partner with 2nd grade I had already talked with the teacher about adding a writing portion this coming year. Looks like I found how we can publish to celebrate our writing. So cool!

No comments: