Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tool # 4 When "Google it" became a verb

I have loved using Google Docs with my students this year for all the reasons the blog assignment listed. It is so easy to create a document and then with one click (not multiple steps) the students have access to the information. I used this the most with workshop assignments. It is easy to give step by step directions, then have the students follow along with the document. Students love being able to interact with each other and see the comments they add with the sidebars. Although I did not use this feature as much, I look forward to using it with students in writing.

Google forms are another excellent way to share with a colleague information to have at your finger tips wherever there is internet access. Students will love using their voting eggs to answers questions as a class or even during a workshop. Here's my summer vacation survey, feel free to log in and respond.

1 comment:

Book Nook Girl said...

Great form! You will have to show me how you set it up for people to post their answers. I tried emailing mine and it didn't work! I really want to try and use Google Forms more this year!