Friday, June 24, 2011

Tool # 3 Publishing with the outside world in mind, but within the law

After teaching 4th grade for the last six years I am excited about my move to 2nd grade! The problem is I am not yet familiar with the content to look up videos for the students to use. Discovery education has been a HUGE resource for my workshop where students watch the videos and then respond. I am excited to see how students will now be able to use the i touch as well to be more personal in their learning. The videos I posted are amazing simple ways that we can enhance our teaching with students. Give it a try yourself....

Super Brain Yoga-Waking our brain up for better learning




Right or left brain teaching? Are we doing a disservice to our students?


Copyright laws are important and often forgotten by teachers as the internet has so many easy to reach and useful tools. The biggest thing to remember is if teachers and students are using the inforamtion to teach or demonstrate learning they are probably pretty safe.

Although I am having trouble with Picasa so can not play with the remix, I did find this posting on one of the blogs I follow. I haven't checked out all of the details, but it looks like something I have tried in my classroom. Hooray for teachers with students who blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember what tool the Animoto is but I sure do like yours. What a great idea for a quick introduction. It somehow seems to be more personal than just telling them what you like and do. Love it!

Book Nook Girl said...

Discovery Education is a HUGE resource and one that can be used at all grade levels! I think you will find lots of use for 2nd grade this year. I wanted to try the Super Brain Yoga, but the video didn't show. I am looking at this through Google Chrome, maybe I will try it on IE.