Saturday, February 16, 2008

thing 7

I was so excited to go to the TCEA conference in Austin the same week I was working on the things for this week. One of the sessions I was able to attend was about using google in the classroom! (I'm so far behind in technology. ) The instructor walked us through the advantages of using advance searches( limiting the number of hits to make it useful for students and also searching for powerpoints with advance searching!), how to make an igoogle page, and google maps. I have also tried this week the google notebook and have set up a google alert. I am wondering if I can use the google notebook to lead students on more narrowed searches by giving them the pages I would like them to read, I guess it would be like a webquest.

Here' the igoogle page I created and a powerpoint I found using advance search in only powerpoint format.
http://www.google.com/ig


TEXAS HISTORY
File Format: Microsoft Powerpoint - View as HTML
www.floresville.isd.tenet.edu/elementary/teachers/kburks/powerpoints/4thppts/texashistory.ppt

No comments: