Saturday, February 9, 2008

thing # 5

The assignment for this thing was to explore Flickr and I must say that I enjoyed seeing all of the intresting pictures from different photographers.

The idea of tags makes it easy to find photos by a certain topic and can be useful when researching particular subjects.

Groups make it easy for people who have common interest to share their work and then discuss the things they have found.

I liked the 365 day library project idea. It had librarians commit to taking and posting 365 pictures of their library. That would then give them a historical record of the libraries during this time. I can see how this can be integrated into making a classroom time capsle. It also makes me wonder if I could use the idea of taking post office pictures from places I have been and comparing them to the town.(every town has a post office!)

No comments: